Thursday, July 1, 2010

Old Bones

Today was a fabulous day at the rink. The 7:40AM session was virtually bare with only four or five skaters. The 8:50 was not much worse so all was good...

Muffet and I skated two hours today - all during lesson! I have had hour long lessons before, but today I think the Boss has me for a good hour and a half. Muffet has new skates and didn't choose to listen to the pro-shop folks regarding punching out the fronts of the boots, so she was kaput after about 20 minutes on one session and 20 minutes on the next one. That meant that the Boss had nothing to do but chase me around the rink.

I had my usual rocky start with only a thirty minute warm-up. Three turns were shoddy. Power pulls were less than powerful. However, by the start of the second hour I was EN FUEGO! Jumps and cross-overs were stellar - so much so that I got to lutz today! Woo hoo. Now, don't get me wrong... it wasn't really a lutz, but I think I have the general concept down.

My old bones need at least 45 minutes to warm up. Is that so much to ask? Do you think that the competition committee and the referees would allow me to just skate around on the ice for that long before I compete?