Thursday, October 20, 2011

On a "roll"

I have been working on the Adult Silver Moves on and off for about three years now. I hate the three turns, the eight step and LEFT backward power pulls. But last night, I kind of had a breakthrough of sorts. I think I might now truly understand how to do a forward outside three turn! I know - it is amazing. And the solution was so simple. Just skate forward and THEN turn. DUH! I felt accomplished, until the Boss asked me to do the Fiesta Tango.

You see, there is a mohawk in the end pattern in the Fiesta Tango. Darn - foiled again! So after being on a "roll" for the three turns, I returned back to Gamma level to relearn how to do a mohawk. Oh well, at least I had one triumph.

On a more exciting note, Muffet and I will be in Elite International Skating bliss this weekend as we have all event tickets for Skate America!