Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happiness is...

a landed flip, a happy coach, MIFs that are coming along.

Can you tell that I had a great practice yesterday? I worked super hard but felt so great when I was done. For the first half-hour we worked on MIFs while we chatted in between. My three turns in the field are actually starting to take shape and that is very exciting for me. I would love to test these by the end of the year. I don't think I will make it before the rule change takes effect, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

During the second half-hour (bisected by a cute little Muffet's lesson) we worked mostly on stroking and cleaning up the connecting moves in my freeskate. We concentrated on extension on all cross-overs and making my movements between elements look more polished than rushed. It felt so good to dig into the ice with my cross overs. It made me think back to my pre-Bronze test with the figure eight pattern with the forward and backward cross overs. Boy I hated doing those at the beginning, but once I got them down I was so proud. I had not really practiced cross overs like that since I passed that test - I think two years ago now! I will be adding them back into my warm-up routine to get my body retoned.

I am feeling very good about competition coming up. I have a new state of mind regarding why I am competing and did a pretty darn good run-through.

Happiness is...