Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It Will be Great!

Once I actually land it. The flip that is. I have been having jump issues lately. I changed blades back in October and have been adjusting ever since. I hated those old blades. The toe picks were like long, sharp teeth that stopped me mid-back spin every time. I won't even tell you how my back outside to inside threes sounded - ssssccccrrrraaaattttcccchhh. So I switched to a blade with a much more modest toe pick and I love them except for jumping. I didn't realize how much I had been relying on that old, monster toe pick until I no longer had it. I couldn't land a waltz-loop anymore and loops were nearly impossible. *SIGH*

Well, now I am back to my old form (good or bad) on waltz, salchow, loop and combos. My toe loop is a forever pain in my patoot, since I learned it incorrectly in the first place. It is more like a toe waltz. I have been backwards pivoting and jumping for weeks and it still looks like poo poo. But the flip -

I actually get some major air with my flip. It feels really cool and I wish my other jumps felt as good. The problem is landing that puppy. I either land it flat (OUCH) or put my other foot down at the last second. I really want to get this jump down so I can move on to lutz. Not to mention that it feels really cool. I hope it looks as cool as it feels.

Today I had a hilarious encounter with outside twizzles. My program has one left outside twizzle and every time I do it I spin instead of twizzle. So on a whim I tried it on the right side, which is supposed to be harder, and guess what? I could do it, no problem. I am lame...

I have a day off tomorrow. It is mi madre's birthday so we will be playing hooky from class and eating cake instead. So don't go expecting a post tomorrow!