Friday, January 22, 2010

"Needing" Skating Today

I have had a really bad week. I made a huge mistake at work that impacted my entire team of colleagues. I got a ticket leaving work yesterday. The mistake I made earlier blew up today. The weather has been so bad that my sleep has been disrupted. All in all - a very bad week.

The only thing that has remained constant for me has been skating. Not that I have been tearing up the rink with axels and perfect programs, but I have been skating pretty well. I have made progress each and every day that I have hit the ice. I have also been inspired by my friends who are skating in the National Championships. I am in awe of their grace, power and beauty.

I have my first competition of the season in a week and I have been stressing out over it. That coupled with the work stress and weather stress have done their toll on me this week. But I am ready to put it all behind me and focus on the wonderful week to come.

Thank you to my hobby for providing me an outlet.