Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Momma Got Her Loop Back

I was darned determined to kick the ice's butt (if ice has a butt) today. Muffet and I skated the 5PM freestyle today and it was nutty! There were kids everywhere! I was a bit apprehensive when I first started out as my right hamstring is bugging me a bit. But again, I was determined to kick butt.

The hour I skated was a bit silly, but I was able to jump some, spin some and footwork some. It was in my "Jump C" class that momma got her loop back. At the beginning of my program I have a salchow/loop that has been giving me fits all week. For some reason I either rush the loop or land it flat. With a little help from my jump class coach - voila - it came back prettier than ever before. I was so happy! Then the flip was landed fairly well and I was able to move to lutz! Yipee!

The competition saga still wages on... three days to go...